Did You Know?

Staff Profile
Ryleigh Underwood
Ryleigh Underwood
Editor-in-Chief

The Ultimate 2023 Gift Guide

Ready+for+giving%3A+The+gifts+are+all+wrapped+up+
Myana Brown
Ready for giving: The gifts are all wrapped up

‘Tis the season for struggling to come up with gift ideas for all the people in your life. This is a very stressful time of year with people giving extremely long gift lists and others proclaiming they don’t want anything. That is why we have compiled a list of gifts for a multitude of age ranges and budgets.

Younger Children:

1.Science Kit ($39.99)

Perfect for any kid interested in hands-on work and exploring new things. This set specifically includes 45 science experiments, providing lots of fun for the child in your life. 

2. Slime Kit ($54.53)

As a kid I loved making slime and it is making a comeback in younger kids. This kit has a lot of the materials they will need to start their slime obsession. 

3.Cry Babies ($8.99)

There’s a weird obsession kids have with dolls who perform bodily functions, but this is a more affordable option compared to dolls like Baby Alive who can be 30+ dollars. 

4.Remote Controlled Car ($29.99)

Even the adults in the family can get fun out of a RC car. This one in particular can flip and do a lot of cool stunts, making it more interactive than usual. 

5.Doodle board ($19.99)

This LCD tablet provides a place for kids to do drawings that are mess free and easily erasable with the click of a button.

6.Books

Any book that is on level for the child’s age is a perfect gift, both for their enjoyment and for their learning!

Teenagers

1.Nike Hoodie ($65)

If you’ve ever met a teen boy, you have probably seen them wearing this exact same hoodie. Along with this hoodie, Nike socks and sweatpants are popular amongst them too.

2.Shoes

People wear them everyday, so why not add variety into their shoe collection. Some popular sneakers for guys are Nike Dunk Lows, New Balance 550s, and Adidas Sambas. Some popular shoes for girls are UGG Tasmans, Converse All Stars, and Reebok club c 85.

3.Airpods 3rd Generation ($169.99)

Headphones are great for watching videos and listening to music. The 3rd generation of Airpods are good quality and updated, without being as expensive as the Airpod Pro 2nd generation. 

4.Portable Charger ($29.99)

Such a practical gift, you can use it on a daily basis and it probably isn’t something anyone would think to ask for. 

5. Gift cards

Of course you have the classic gift card, perfect for the person who claims they want nothing or the person you don’t know that well. It’s still nice because they get to buy something they know they’ll like. 

6.Hydroflask ($49.95)

You can purchase this in a multitude of colors to suit the person’s personality. Other popular water bottle brands are Stanley, Owala, and Yeti

7.Phone Case 

Cute phone cases make your phone look so much better. You can get them from practically anywhere, such as Wildflower, Casetify, Target, and Amazon.

8.Music

Anything to do with their favorite artist, such as CDs, Vinyls, Merchandise, and concert tickets. 

9.Sprocket ($79.99)

This is a small Bluetooth printer that prints photos out directly from your phone .I have one of these and I love it, it’s so easy to use.

Parents:

1.Mugs 

Perfect gift for the coffee drinkers in your life. You can cater the mug to whatever their favorite thing may be. 

2.Heated blanket ($24.99)

A super soft throw blanket that also has the added bonus of heating up. 

3.Roomba ($274.99)

Help your parents keep their house clean with this automatic vacuum. 

4.Sports Ticket

Get your parent a ticket to watch their favorite sports team. You could even go with them and create family memories. 

5.Slippers

You can get slippers from nicer brands such as UGG but you can also get cheaper ones from Amazon and other stores.

6.Watches

Perfect for both Mom and Dad, you can get a regular watch or a fitness tracker watch, depending on what they would prefer!