Did You Know?

Staff Profile

Fantastic Fall: 5 Fun Things to do this Season

Kirsten Bisconer

As the weather grows colder, the leaves slowly start falling and are changing into the beautiful autumn colors we all know and love. There are several new activities to participate in to get you in the perfect fall mood!

One of the best fall activities is apple picking. On a perfect fall day, you can get together with friends and go to an apple orchard. There are tons of places that offer apple picking in the fall. Some orchards even offer corn mazes and pumpkin picking. Mt. Airy Orchards is an amazing place to visit that is located in Pennsylvania. They offer many different activities as well as a bakery to fulfill all of your sweet fall needs.

Pumpkin patches are synonymous with the fall. These patches usually offer a large variety of festivities to partake in during your visit. These fun activities consist of picking pumpkins, hay rides, corn mazes, and some even offer playgrounds and carnival rides. Once you get home you can even carve your pumpkins for another day of fun. If carving isn’t an option for you, painting pumpkins is equally as fun. 

Fall festivals are the definition of fall fun, they provide almost anything you think corresponds with the season including pumpkin carving and painting, scarecrow making, and a huge variety of fall flavored drinks and food. There is no shortage of activities that you can participate in at these festivals.

Haunted Houses are something to do that gets you in a spooky mood in time for Halloween. Field of Screams is a very popular place to visit with friends or family. Hershey park is also a great option. There are new haunted houses and decorations to give a scary feel to your visit. Both options are amazing to get you in the perfect Halloween mood for the fall.  

Another great option that is simple and needs little planning, is walking around downtown to enjoy the fall scenery. There is arguably nothing better than seeing the beautifully colored trees while enjoying your favorite fall drink and treat. There are various shops that have fall options of drinks, food, and decor. This is a very inexpensive choice, but it still provides an equal amount of fun for everyone involved. 

These five activities are almost guaranteed to bring joy to anyone who participates, so get together with your friends and family to celebrate the season together!