Did You Know?

Staff Profile
Natalia Iannucci
Natalia Iannucci
Staff Writer

Happier on Holidays: The Joy of a Break

Ella Muñiz
The known and beloved feeling of snow offers a peaceful and relaxing vibe on the cool winter days.

Warm Hot Cocoa, cookies, and peppermint mochas. The joy of wrapping presents for loved ones and decorating with glittering lights. Watching holiday movies in a warm and cozy blanket while watching the peaceful snow fall slowly past the windows. Wearing huge fuzzy coats to try and stay warm on the cold snowy days and waking up to the smell of a freshly made sweet delicious breakfast. 

After weeks of hard work, almost everyone was  excited for a much-needed break. As the holidays are sadly coming to an end, many schools have finished their last long break of the year. The holidays are loved for the joy they bring to families around the world. No matter what holiday you celebrate, it is arguably one of the best times of the year. More than 60% of people claim to feel relieved and happier around holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas. 

During the holidays, family and friends come together to celebrate. New traditions are made and old traditions are followed, like listening and singing along to various songs that are circled around this time of year. Gifts are given and received and there are other various activities that are associated with the holidays. 

The holidays are special because they don’t happen every day. People make countdowns and wait all year just to spend a few hours with loved ones celebrating and catching up on life, cooking, and baking classic family recipes to put on display and eat throughout the day. Many people’s favorite part of the holidays is the amazing food that isn’t eaten any other time than during the holidays. There is almost nothing that competes with Grandma’s signature cookies and the secret family recipe for the mac and cheese.

Several people have families to enjoy the holidays with, but the most heartwarming part of the holidays is the welcoming energy that is spread around to anyone that doesn’t have family around. Many people invite friends to their celebrations to allow everyone to enjoy unmatched fun. Although the traditions may be different, spending time with friends instead of family can be even better and easier to enjoy. 

To wrap up the year, the break allows for everyone to celebrate the New Year. New Year’s allows people to reflect on their choices and decide how they want to start the new year. It’s the day to make resolutions and hit the restart button for the upcoming year.

The break allows for a breath of fresh air. The days are full of laughing and smiling while spending the days with friends and family to honor traditions. The holidays bring joy and cheer to everyone who participates in the holiday fun.