• May 14The senior class' last day is May 23.

• May 14The honors banquet will take place on May 23 at 5:30 pm.

• May 14Senior Renaissance will take place on May 29 in the McGowan Auditiorium.

• May 14Matthew Oh placed first in the senior individual documentary category at state National History Day on May 10.

• May 14The 2019 edition of Oracle is availible for pickup in the cafeteria this week

• May 13Keystone Testing will take place this week (5/13-5/20). There will be an adjusted schedule most days.

Springfest Carnival added a ‘spring’ to students’ steps

Student+Council+members+Olayah+Safouan+and+Mabel+Sheesley+serve+hotdogs+and+Rita%27s+Italian+Ice+at+the+Springfest+Carnival.+Student+Council+is+responsible+for+organizing+the+Carnival.+

Student Council members Olayah Safouan and Mabel Sheesley serve hotdogs and Rita's Italian Ice at the Springfest Carnival. Student Council is responsible for organizing the Carnival.

Meghan Frutsche

Meghan Frutsche

Meghan Frutsche

With the arrival of spring and the finishing of classes, another event has entered students’ horizons: Springfest, the annual carnival hosted by the CHS Student Council.

Springfest Carnival took place on Thursday, May 9 from 3 to 5 P.M.

The CHS Student Council planned Springfest Carnival. Members of the Council were in charge of reserving food for the event and booking inflatables, according to sophomore Student Council member Mabel Sheesley.

Even though the weather was colder and wetter than in previous years, Carnival still went on. Clubs adjusted to the rain and students were still able to enjoy the events.

In addition to the Student Council sponsored events, different organizations from across the school had booths at the event, where they will host games for students and sell food products.

“We always have clubs participating that are trying to gain new members,” Sheesley said. “Shakespeare Troupe is always there. We also [had]  French students selling crepes.”

Sophomore Class Council was one of several CHS organizations that had a booth at Springfest this year. Trinity Johnson, the president of Sophomore Class Council, said that the council decided to have a bake sale at Springfest this year, an idea they got from other students.

“All of the members [baked] goods and [brought]them in,” Johnson said.  “Sophomore Class Council did it last year, and it was very successful, so we’re doing it again.”

Junior Class Council had a fortune teller booth at the event.

“We [had] a palm reading, [and are going to] have a magic eight ball and fortune cookies to give to kids,” said Olivia Lane, a member of Junior Class Council.

In addition to the booths with games and food, students who attend Carnival had the opportunity to pick up their yearbooks earlier than others.

Lane said she looked forward to picking up her yearbook at the event this year, as she liked having access to it at Springfest last year.

“I really enjoyed being able to pick up my yearbook and hav[ing] people sign it who I don’t usually see in the day,” Lane said.

Johnson was excited about the event and hoped it will bring the school together one more time before the end of the year.

“I hope everyone [had] tons of fun,” Johnson said. “It’s so nice to see the school community come together for something fun.”

Samantha Martin, News Editor

Samantha Martin is back: back on the staff of Periscope for her third year, and back as news editor for her second. In addition to Periscope, Martin is...

1 Comment

One Response to “Springfest Carnival added a ‘spring’ to students’ steps”

1. Dane Spence on May 16th, 2019 8:15 am

I find it really nice that CHS held SpringFest despite that bad weather present at the time, and still offered students many activities and things to do, my personal favorite being the fortune teller. Also, SpringFest allows students to reach out and connect to people they usually wouldnt talk to regularly, this is a great way to close out your year as you can also pick up your yearbook ready to be signed by your friends. Overall CHS Spirngfest is a great time to hang out with friends, enjoy food and activities as well as close of the year and snag your yearbook.

• Springfest Carnival added a ‘spring’ to students’ steps

Wingin’ Fit: Carlisle’s first ever .5K race

Aides to be outsourced: Who it affects and what it means

Shakespearean shake-up: Troupe to perform modern adaptation, ‘Love’s Labours Tossed’

2019 Periscope Teacher Superlative Survey

Testing on their home turf: Academic decathlon team competes at states

The last hurrah: Students to audition for Senior Renaissance

Making students immune: Temple’s mumps outbreak brings vaccines to minds of students

Parlez-vous Francais? Alwine to spend a year abroad in France

Keeping students safe: new school security measures put into place

A ‘latte’ goodbyes: Preparing for the Last Drop