The last hurrah: Students to audition for Senior Renaissance

From the archives: 2014 graduates Amira Williams (left), Caitlin Dull, and Mallory Chaney perform

From the archives: 2014 graduates Amira Williams (left), Caitlin Dull, and Mallory Chaney perform "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None the Richer at the 2014 Renaissance show. Seniors interested in trying out for this year's show should sign up in the McGowan office as soon as possible.

Melissa Gallagher

Melissa Gallagher

Melissa Gallagher

As seniors begin preparations for graduation and life after high school, some members of the Class of 2019 are getting ready to share their talents one last time, at Senior Renaissance.

Senior Renaissance is an event hosted by the Senior Class at the end of each school year that all graduating seniors must attend. The event is one of the final times that the graduating class will spend as a group. It allows willing seniors to share their talents in front of their peers right before graduation.

Senior Renaissance auditions will take place on Tuesday, April 9. The auditions will be judged by a committee, comprised of Senior Class Council members and advisors.

I’m really excited for Renaissance but at the same time, it’s really crazy knowing that I’m graduating and going to college in a couple of months”

— Dzejlana Mehmedovic

“This year, when judging auditions, we’re looking for new and different talent because we usually have the same acts every year,” said Grace Colestock, a Senior Class Council Member and one of the audition judges.

There are a variety of potential performances; from comedy acts, to singing and dancing.

“I’m considering doing a number with a group of girls from my Colorguard team,” senior Lauren Waring said. 

Although Senior Renaissance is usually a time of laughter and friendship, it can also be a bittersweet moment for many of Carlisle High School’s graduating class.

“I’m really excited for Renaissance but at the same time, it’s really crazy knowing that I’m graduating and going to college in a couple of months,” senior Dzlejlana Mehmedovic said.

Anyone interested in auditioning should sign up in the McGowan office as soon as possible, as spots are limited.