‘Into the Woods’: Coming soon to a theater near you!

Into the Woods incorporates the stories of many different fairy tales; the official logo of the musical is shown above.

Courtesy: Music Theatre International

“Into the Woods” incorporates the stories of many different fairy tales; the official logo of the musical is shown above.

Janie Haseman, News Editor

The CHS musical is coming!

The cast of Into the Woods, this year’s school musical, is about to see all of their hard work pay off. After countless hours of rehearsals, the student body will be able to see what has been produced.

“The hardest part is finding time to do everything,” said senior and cast member Andrea Readshaw.

“[Especially] with homework on top of [rehearsals],” senior Catherine Bloom added.

Rehearsals run every day after school from about three to six in the evening up until two weeks before the show, when they last from about four-thirty to nine or ten at night.  Occasionally, the cast has Saturday rehearsals, as well.

Although it is hard work, the cast is excited to share their production with the rest of the the high school and the greater Carlisle community.

“We’ve come a long way,” says cast member Jon Brown. “I think [the musical] will be great; I’m really excited.”

Students are encouraged to come out and support their peers involved.

“It’s a really good show…[it’s] a spin off of a bunch of classic fairy tales,” said Bloom, who plays Little Red Riding Hood. “And everyone loves fairy tales.”

As Readshaw said, “What’s not to like about musical?”

Into the Woods can be seen in the McGowan auditorium at 7:30 PM on February 27 and 28, and March 1. Tickets can be purchased at the box office in front of the McGowan auditorium.