• May 14The senior class' last day is May 23.

• May 14The honors banquet will take place on May 23 at 5:30 pm.

• May 14Senior Renaissance will take place on May 29 in the McGowan Auditiorium.

• May 14Matthew Oh placed first in the senior individual documentary category at state National History Day on May 10.

• May 14The 2019 edition of Oracle is availible for pickup in the cafeteria this week

• May 13Keystone Testing will take place this week (5/13-5/20). There will be an adjusted schedule most days.

Filed under A&E, Music, Reviews

Migos ‘Culture (II)’ shows potential but falls short of sequel success (Review)

This new album by the group Migos is a sequel to their previous album. Many of the songs on this album sound the same.

Maddison Young

Maddison Young

Maddison Young

The hip-hop group, Migos, recently released Culture (II). This was a sequel to their previous Culture album, but it didn’t live up to the standards left by the first album.

The songs, “Auto Pilot”, “Walk It Talk It Ft. Drake,” and “Stir Fry” are the star songs on the original album. The lyrics in these songs led them to be fan favorites.

The new Culture (II) album was released exactly 364 days after their first Culture album. This was their way of attempting to maintain and expand their fanbase.

This album is full of guest features and producers. Guest features include Cardi B, Nicki Minaj, 21 Savage, Post Malone, 2 Chainz, and Gucci Mane. Producers on the album include Cardo, Metro Boomin, Zayroven, Murda Beatz, Pharrell Williams, and Quavo.

This is the first Migos album where group member, Quavo, has input in production, with 11 production credits across 24 tracks.

The album contains 24 songs that create an hour and 45 minutes of new Migos music. 24 songs on an album is a lot and considering that no song is under 3 minutes (“Gang Gang” runs for 3:01) each member of the group will have his time to shine.

Frequently featured on the album is the group leader, Quavo. Although he takes the majority of the spotlight, the other two group members, Takeoff and Offset, were coming in with their own verses. The group has struggled in the past with being equality represented within their albums.

But do they know when enough is enough? Culture (II) sounds more like a playlist than an album. All the songs sound very similar. The lack of variety makes this album sound like a playlist.

Despite sounding all alike, the album gives off a good vibe and shows potential for the group in years to come. 

About the Contributors
Releigh Norrell, Staff Writer

Releigh Norrell is currently a sophomore at Carlisle Area High School and this is her second year on staff. Releigh loves dogs and spending time with her...

Maddison Young, A&E Writer

Maddison Young is a first year staff member and is a senior this year.  She is the junior editor of the Arts and Entertainment section.  She did Oracle...