• March 19Sign-ups for Senior Trip end 3/27 and forms can be turned into Mr. Bigelow in M202.

It’s ‘Chime for Change’: Gucci restarting empowerment campaign

Gucci+has+recently+restarted+their+campaign%2C+Chime+for+Change.++The+campaigns+goal+is+to+make+every+voice+heard%2C+through+reaching+out+into+communities.++

Gucci has recently restarted their campaign, Chime for Change.  The campaigns goal is to make every voice heard, through reaching out into communities.

Gucci has recently restarted their campaign, Chime for Change. The campaigns goal is to make every voice heard, through reaching out into communities.

gucci.com

gucci.com

gucci.com

Gucci’s empowerment campaign Chime for Change covers it all, from supporting the right of women and girls’ education to bringing clean water to children in Burundi. 

Founded in 2013, Chime for Change advocates for women and girls to speak up for themselves and their rights and has since expanded to much more.  

On their website, it states, “We believe that connection empowers us. That every voice matters. That each one of us is needed to achieve change. We believe we can do extraordinary things when we gather together.”

They often emphasize the idea that, for this change to happen, everyone needs to gather together.

To raise awareness and funds for health and justice projects in third world countries, Chime for Change has also partnered with stars such as Beyoncé and Salma Hayek.  

We believe that connection empowers us. That every voice matters.”

— Official Chime for Change Website

Chime for Change recently debuted a short film called, “The Future is Fluid” at the Sundance Film Festival.  This kicked off a new addition to their campaign that focuses on gender acceptance.

“With this next chapter of Chime for Change, Gucci is proud to reaffirm our commitment to a more just and equitable world,” said Gucci president and chief executive officer Marco Bizzarri.   

With this added campaign came a clothing brand that donates a large sum of its profit to the Trans Youth Equality Foundation’s camp and The Fluid Fund.  

Chime for Change is all about acceptance in both individuals, communities and the world. Some of their recent endeavors include a partnership with UNICEF (The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund) to create a girls’ empowerment initiative in Sub-Saharan Africa and China.  

They have also been highlighting stories on their website, about women leaders that are inspirations to young girls.  

An article posted on the official website for the campaign last month discussed how, in Brazil, women are greatly unrepresented in the government.  However, Chime for Change is looking to change this pressing issue.

“Chime for Change and UN Women are partnering to address the legal framework and policies that can help increase women’s participation in Brazil’s 2020 elections,” the article stated.

The article really hits on the idea of giving a voice to the younger and upcoming generation, which is something Chime for Change strongly believes in.

Gucci is using its platform to better the world and give more opportunities to girls and women.  Their influence has reached many and continues to do so by reestablishing Chime for Change with their new motto, “The Future is Fluid.”

Parker Shabala, staff writer

Parker Shabala is a freshman at Carlisle Area High School and this is her first year of Periscope. She is a section staff writer this year.  At CHS, she...

2 Comments

2 Responses to “It’s ‘Chime for Change’: Gucci restarting empowerment campaign”

1. Maddie Couto on March 18th, 2019 9:21 am

I am so glad to see that a popular brand like Gucci is using thier power and control for good by working to spur global change. It seems like they are not just making empty promises. I was happy to see that they are continuing this ongoing campaign with films at festivals and by using popular celebrities who can help to promote thier campaign. I hope that other brands learn from Gucci’s example and take on difficult topics and problems that may be uncomfortable. If more brands used thier influence for the good of the world we would be able to solve some of the biggest global issues.

2. Abbie Hurst on March 18th, 2019 4:02 pm

It’s really encouraging to see a very well known brand like Gucci to use their popularity towards important issues. It is nice to see that they are actually trying to follow through with their campaign and spreading the word and getting well known artists to get in on it as well. I hope that other brands can use their popularity for change. I think that big brands like Gucci can make a big difference and I hope they let their voice be heard and that this campaign will grow stronger!

• It’s ‘Chime for Change’: Gucci restarting empowerment campaign

‘Captain Marvel’ offers a much-needed female role model (Review)

Genre repeat: Battle royale gaming has ties to deathmatch style

“Russian Doll” is the best Netflix original content (Review)

PewDiePie vs T-Series: The war for YouTube’s identity (Editorial)

Hitting the perfect note: CHS’s music department

‘The Lego Movie 2’: A brick by brick analysis (Review)

Revenge, death and mystery: Why you should watch ‘Velvet Buzzsaw’ (Review)

Blocking the temptation: Apps to help limit phone usage

Byte: Will this be the return of Vine?

Weezer’s ‘Teal Album’: A true tribute to rock (Review)