Once+Upon+a+Time%3A+Special+Needs+Prom+%28Photos%29

Pat Richards

Once Upon a Time: Special Needs Prom (Photos)

May 7, 2015

On Wednesday May 6, 14 CHS students joined students from other local schools, including Big Springs, Boiling Springs, Cumberland Valley and more, to attend the Special Needs prom, “Once Upon a Time,” hosted by Boiling Springs and Northern York, at the West Shore Evangelical Free Church in Mechanicsburg.  Check out a few glimpses of their fairytale day, courtesy of teacher Pat Richards!

7 Comments

7 Responses to “Once Upon a Time: Special Needs Prom (Photos)”

1. Sydney Ritchie on May 11th, 2015 8:29 am

This is such a great thing to do for special needs. I love this article!

2. Julia Pantleo on May 18th, 2015 12:18 am

I love that this was something this school did! I am so happy to hear that we are trying to give everyone their own special night!

3. Alyssa Bourne on May 18th, 2015 2:19 pm

I think this is great because they have the ability to hang out with others that may have the needs or similar needs.

4. Leanza Lopez on May 20th, 2015 12:51 pm

This looks fantastic! Dances are such a great way to spend time with your friends and putting this together must be very special for these kids. I wish I could have taken a part in this.

5. Michaela McQuaig on May 26th, 2015 11:10 pm

I love that this is offered for these kids. They all looked stunning and it is a great opportunity for them to have as much of a “normal” as high school experience as possible. After working with some of these kids, I know how excited they get to dress up and attend Prom- This is a tradition that should be continued forever. Beautiful pictures as well!

6. Anna Biddle on September 17th, 2015 8:30 am

I had no idea that our school did this but it is so nice to know that CHS is apart of it. I’m sure the dance was so much fun for everyone involved. I’d love to get more information about it and see if I can help out in anyway to help make this possible again in 2016.

7. Selena Marks on October 23rd, 2015 8:10 am

This is probably the most heart warming thing I’ve seen in awhile. Its cool to see that they aren’t being left out in things that the rest of us go to but they might feel uncomfortable at.

All comments will be approved by the website moderator. Comments containing inappropriate language will not be approved.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Periscope • Copyright 2021 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in